The Crittenden County Detention Center is always looking for motivated individuals with integrity, character and values to join our team.
Standards for Employment
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be fingerprinted and a search initiated of state and national fingerprint/background files to disclose any criminal record.
- Be free of felony record and this will be evidenced by not having entered a plea of guilty or having been convicted, pardoned, or otherwise relieved by a state of the federal government of a crime, the punishment for which could have been imprisonment in a federal penitentiary or a state prison.
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) Test indicating high school graduation level.
- Be interviewed by the Sheriff or his designee, to determine such things as the applicants motivation, appearance, demeanor, attitude and ability to communicate.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
If you meet the standards listed above and would be interested in a career in the Crittenden County Detention Center, we would love to hear from you. Please click on the link for an application and submit it to us. We keep the applications on file for 6 months, and if a position opens, we will contact the best qualified applicants for further evaluation.