The Crittenden County Sheriff’s Office is always looking for motivated individuals with integrity, character and values to join our team.
Serving as a Deputy in Crittenden County is a rewarding and at times exciting career choice. Some of the jobs held by Deputies include:
- Patrol Deputy
- Warrant Service
- Civil Paper Service
- Court Bailiff Duties
Standards for Employment
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be fingerprinted and a search initiated of state and national fingerprint/background files to disclose any criminal record.
- Be free of felony record and this will be evidenced by not having entered a plea of guilty or having been convicted, pardoned, or otherwise relieved by a state of the federal government of a crime, the punishment for which could have been imprisonment in a federal penitentiary or a state prison.
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) Test indicating high school graduation level.
- Must meet the physical requirements. Click here for info.
- Be interviewed by the Sheriff or his designee, to determine such things as the applicants motivation, appearance, demeanor, attitude and ability to communicate.
- Pass a Psychological evaluation (given by Psychiatrist or Psychologist)
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Any non-certified officer hired shall be required to be able to pass a pre-employment physical that he/she is physically able to participate in the physical requirements of the standardized physical training program of the Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy (A.L.E.T.A) and this physical will be performed at the expense of the Crittenden County Sheriff’s Department as a pre-employment requirement. Physical requirements Form
If you meet the standards listed above and would be interested in a career in law enforcement, we would love to hear from you. Please click on the link for an application and submit it to us. We keep the applications on file for six months, and if a position opens, we will contact the best qualified applications for further evaluation.